South Cave C of E Primary School
At South Cave School:
We ensure that teaching and learning opportunities meet the needs of all the pupils.
- We ensure that appropriate provision is made for pupils who belong to vulnerable groups, this includes ensuring that the needs of socially disadvantaged pupils are adequately assessed and addressed.
- In making provision for socially disadvantaged pupils, we recognise that not all pupils who receive free school meals will be socially disadvantaged.
- We also recognise that not all pupils who are socially disadvantaged are registered or qualify for free school meals. We reserve the right to allocate the Pupil Premium funding to support any pupil or groups of pupils the school has legitimately identified as being socially disadvantaged.
- Pupil premium funding will be allocated following a needs analysis which will identify priority classes, groups or individuals. Limited funding and resources means that not all children receiving free school meals will be in receipt of pupil premium interventions at one time.
At South Cave School we have a range of initiatives which are deployed to support children to ‘bridge the gap’ in performance.
The Pupil Premium supports the funding of the following provisions:
- Small group work.
- 1:1 support.
- Additional teaching and learning opportunities provided through trained Teaching Assistants or external agencies.
- Acquiring effective materials aimed at raising standards, particularly in reading and mathematics.
- Social and nurturing groups.
See attached policy for further information: Pupil Premium Policy
Pupil Premium Grant (PPG) Allocation for 2016/2017 was £32,000: Pupil Premium Review of Expenditure
Impact of Pupil Premium Grant for 2016/2017: Pupil Premium Attainment 2016/2017
Pupil Premium Grant Allocation for 2017/2018 is £33,700: Pupil Premium Proposed Spending 2017/2018