Spring 2022 Newsletter
Autumn 2021 Newsletter
The government has provided additional funding of £150 million per annum since 2013-2014 to improve provision of
physical education (PE) and sport in primary schools. This funding is ring-fenced and therefore can only be spent on the provision of PE and sport in schools.
Purpose of funding
Schools must spend the additional funding on improving their provision of PE and sport, but they will have the freedom to choose how they do this.
Possible uses for the funding might include:
• Hiring specialist PE teachers or qualified sports coaches to work with primary teachers when teaching PE
• Supporting and engaging the least active children through new or additional clubs
• Paying for professional development opportunities for teachers in PE and sport
• Providing cover to release primary teachers for professional development in PE and sport
• Running sport competitions
• Buying quality assured professional development modules or materials for PE and sport
• Pooling the additional funding with that of other local schools.
We are committed to promoting healthy lifestyles and actively encourage this through our provision in sports and PE.
Through our use of sports premium funding, we aim to:-
• Increase the opportunities for the pupils to take part in sporting activities
• Enable pupils to take part in inter school competitions
• Improve the school's resources for the teaching of PE
• Improve the children's skills in different sports and their understanding of healthy lifestyles
• Enable staff to learn new skills in the teaching of PE
Please see our current actual plan for 2021-2022 and our evaluated plan for 2020-2021